Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Alphagetti Oracle

Things began to get a bit weird during senior lunch when a double-dare eating contest ended with Daphne Dodona puking up all that alphagetti on the floor of the girls’ basement . . . although even this wouldn’t have been particularly remarkable had not one of her friends noticed that a bunch of the letters she’d regurgitated had come together to form words and that those words appear to have foretold not only the embarrassing failure of Vanessa Rogers’ halter top in sixth-period gym, but the first four questions from the quiz Mr. D. surprised them with at the end of the day.

Photo by Eden Biggin.

16 comments:

  1. For July, the members of Exquisite Corpse wrote 100 words a day on each letter of the alphabet in turn, plus a few extra characters to round out the month. α was one of those characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little spOOky!!

    Please come and take a look at my O entry, have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very...ODD...
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should like to know what words there were formed by the alphagetti! We used to eat alphabetical soup! My children loved it, perhaps that was the beginning of their love of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Roger said it succinctly... Odd. But it did make me smile... and it's a creative writing exercise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fascinating exercise! (I'd also like to know what were the words formed by the alphagetti.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A modern reading of the runes, must get a alphagetti tin. Love the illustrative photo, amusing as the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...I don't think I could stomach having that on my face! Quite creative though! Thanks for leading me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also added to Sunday Scribblings, where I suggest we might need someone to interpret these Omens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Witty as an alphabetti-spaghetti poem can be..Jae ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She could have a whole new future as a spaghetti version of a fortune teller!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)