Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Snipe

In the summer of 1972 the toads came out of the bush. Tons of them. It was like a plague upon the trailer park, punishing us for our ungodly lawn ornaments. Being resourceful urchins we invented the Webbwood Estates Toad Olympics and it was here that I discovered my gift. Fellow wranglers would bring me their exhausted athletes and I’d resuscitate them by flipping them over and rubbing their warty tummies. My reputation as a healer spread as far as Carolyn Buckwheat’s house, meaning that it successfully crossed the highway. Which is more than I can say for the toads.

Image taken from: Falling Leaflets

1 comment:

  1. Laurie Leclair writes of plague and her brief career as the Toad Whisperer of Webwood Estates.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)