Wednesday, May 25, 2011

XLIX

As an irredeemable nerd, I find myself unable to resist a good joke about Roman Numerals. The Frantics, for instance, had a great routine, set during the conversion to the decimal system, which included the line: “XLIV! Why don’t you just say XLIV? Who can remember forty-four?”
     So, with that obscure sketch in mind, last July I told everyone I was turning “XLIX,” which if based on nothing else but the Comedic Law of Ks, was guaranteed to at least sound funny.
     And yes, I can still joke about turning 49, but you know what? There’s nothing funny about L.

1 comment:

  1. X-amine Your Zipper: I learned at a young age to Keep It Simple, Stupid, and Roy G. Biv still helps when drawing rainbows. The basics of first aid were reduced to Airway, Breathing, and Circulation, and when I get injured I still remember to treat it with Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. When shopping for a diamond I used the four C’s of Cut, Colour, Clarity and Carat. I even try and make my goals Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-based. I just hope that in a crisis, I can do better than A Red Indian Thought He Might Eat Tobacco In Class.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis Widget (for sharing)

Crazy Egg (Analytics)